A Walk Well Footcare visit will include:
- A quick but comprehensive assessment of the lower limbs & feet, including a brief health history review to establish your baseline "normal".
- Cleaning, trimming & filing of nails.
- Reduction of thickened or fungal toenails with the use of the Microcad hand drill.
- Buffing of corns, callouses, and the removal of seed corns (as required).
- Filing of rough, thickened or cracking skin to the bottom of the foot.
- Cleansing with an antiseptic solution to remove nail dust and debris after nail trimming and filing have been complete.
- Application of a skin moisturizer to skin surfaces of the lower limbs and feet.
- Client education
- Referrals to community resources i.e. Podiatrist, Pedorthists
All supplies and equipment are provided. Instruments are steam sterilized using the Tuttenauer EZ9P autoclave.
Nurses notes and all client information collected, will be kept confidential and in the sole possession of Walk Well Footcare Services. Client information will only be shared with other members of the health care team at the clients' discretion.